🎄PUFF PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE 🎄
1 x 640g pack ready rolled puff pastry (2 sheets)
75g cream cheese
175g caramelised onion relish, plus extra to serve
100g blue cheese (crozier blue)
7 slices prosciutto
Small handful of fresh parsley
Chopping knife Spoon
Small baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Roll 1 sheet of puff pastry out flat on your surface, keeping the parchment paper underneath. Using a sharp knife, cut two rectangular pieces approx 6x4cm from each side of the bottom of the pastry. This will be the trunk of the tree. Cut diagonally on both sides starting from the centre of the top of the pastry and ending at each bottom corner. You’ll end up with a christmas tree shape. Set that one aside and repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry.
2. Spread the cream cheese over one of the christmas tree sheets. Dot over the caramelised red onion relish. Crumble over the blue cheese and then lay the slices of prosciutto over the top.
3. Carefully lift the second sheet of pastry over the top. Keep in mind to leave a 4cm space down the centre of the christmas tree and cut horizontal lines across the pastry 4cm apart to create branches.
4. At this point, carefully slide the pastry onto a baking tray. Pick up each branch and twist until you’ve worked your way through.
5. Take the 4 leftover triangles that were cut to make the tree. Repeat all the fillings into each of the triangles, using the remainder of each.
6. Loosely roll each one up and then cut each in half. Place on a second baking tray.
7. Brush all over the pastry with a beaten egg.This will help with the colour and create a glossy finish on the surface.Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve onto a platter with some extra caramelised red onion and a scattering of fresh parsley.
🌟🌟And not only did Donal’s Kitchen share a gorgeous Christmas Recipe, they’ve also really kindly offered a 20% Discount Code FAMILY20 for @donalskitchen which is packed full of guided video recipes, meal planners,shopping lists. Perfect for family meals!