I'm Tracey, the founder of OptiMUM Fitness. I'm Mum to three girls - Éabha, Saorla & Cadhla.
On returning to Ireland in 2018 after spending time in the US, I wanted to create a business which would support women physically, emotionally and mentally through motherhood. Being a mum is one of the greatest gifts in life, and while it is special and exciting, it can be also be daunting and lonely. I set up OptiMUM Fitness as I'm passionate about helping women get fit, meet other mums and mums-to-be, make new friends, workout in a safe, supportive, non-judgemental environment, and to be physically and mentally strong!
At OptiMUM Fitness we provide women's fitness and Pilates classes for all stages of motherhood, from pregnancy, through the postpartum period and beyond. We want our members to be confident that they are in safe hands and doing exercises which are appropriate for their body at their stage of motherhood, and so our pre/postnatal fitness and Pilates instructors are specifically qualified to teach in this area.
Our fitness classes are both online and in person, and include:
- BumpFIT, our prenatal fitness class which helps prepare and strengthen your body for pregnancy, labour and the physical challenges of motherhood. Each class ends with a short meditation to help you connect with baby;
- StrollerFIT, our buggy fitness class which provides a full body workout suitable for your postpartum body. No babysitter needed as we love to see babies and older kids at class. This class is also suitable for expectant mums.....no buggy required :) ; and
- BodyFIT, our high intensity training for those who are at least 5- 6 months postpartum. Each 60min class ends with a short meditation giving you a chance to relax and restore after a hard session.
Our online Pilates classes include
- pre/postnatal Pilates; and
- general mat Pilates for those who are at least 5-6 months postpartum.
I hope to see you at an OptiMUM class soon - come for the workout and stay for the friends!
Ballinteer, County Dublin, Ireland