Gina and her family @ourlittlehiker are inspirational for the places they go and walk together as a family. They have three girls, and have managed to walk twenty nine of the thirty two peaks of Ireland – with their baby girl in a backpack!
They have very kindly shared some of their favourite Family Walks in Wexford ….
– Lacken Hill New Ross ( Fantastic Fairy Village, some parts are not Buggy Friendly) Dunbrody Ship near by.
-Croghan Hill (90% Buggy Friendly, you have to park your buggy and use a baby carrier / let your child walk if you want to reach the summit)
-Monageer Grotto (Buggy Friendly and beautiful fairy tail) free, close by is Ourlart Hill (Buggy Friendly to Monument)
-Edvenvale Waterfall ( Buggy Friendly to the bottom of the Waterfall, there is a stairs if you want to walk to top of Waterfall)
– Knockroe Mountain 8km
– Raven Wood Curracloe (beach and forest walk or option to do all forest. 6.8km)
– Tintern Abbey (Buggy Friendly)
– Johnstown castle (Buggy Friendly)
-Carirgfoyle quarry (Buggy Friendly)- Forth mountain, 3 rocks trail. @murphysbarn01 close by for coffee
– Johnstown Castle (Buggy Friendly)
– Kirwans Garden Rosslare Harbour (perfect for Children and it’s Buggy Friendly) free
-Arthurstown to Duncannon coastal walk 4km out and back. (Big wheeled buggy- rough surface) Beautiful beach in Duncannon. Nearby is Dunbrody Abbey.
-Mount Leinster (Buggy Friendly road to summit)
-Kilbrannish Looped Walk
-Tara Hill, Blue Trail 5.4km, Red Trail 5km
– Castledockrell Windfarm (Buggy Friendly)
-Cahore Cliff Walk (Buggy Friendly and Pizza and Coffee Hut and the start/finish)
-Sliabh Coillite (short walk, perfect for little legs and beautiful views)
-Wells House (Buggy Friendly fairy trail)
-Wexford Lavender Farm (Seasonal Opening)
– The Ballyteige Burrow Loop, Kilmore Quay 4.5km
– The Talbot Lake Nature Looped Walk, with playground, mud kitchen @the_blackwater_coffee_company afterwards for some coffee
– Blackstairs Mountains
Places to See in Wexford:
-Hook Lighthouse @hooklighthouse and Cliff Walk
– Tacumshane Windmill on the Norman Way
– Ferns Castle, Playground near by.
-Enniscorthy Castle (Vinegar Hill Walk is close by) and also Riverside Walk 6km
– The min Ryan Park and Playground (Wexford town) – close by is @irishnationalheritagepark
– The Shell Cottage, Cullenstown, near by is Duncormick Fairy Walk + Magic Well
Any other walks in Wexford that you’d add to the list? Where is your favourite walk in the Wexford? Let us know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply ·