Recipe from @deliciouslyella
This has been one of our favourite weekend breakfasts for quite a few years now .. loved by all of us!
It’s a real comfort one and is always devoured .. no matter how many times we multiply the recipe!
* 50g oats
* handful of blueberries
* 50g walnuts
* 2 ripe bananas
* 30g sunflower seeds
* 70g raisins
* 5 tablespoons almond milk
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– Preheat oven to 180c, fan setting.
-Place the oats in a bowl and cover with boiling water, just so the top is covered – soak for 10 minutes, until soft.
– While the oats are soaking, mash one of the bananas and slice the other into pieces.
– Crush the walnuts into bite-sized chunks.
– Once the oats have absorbed the water and become soft, stir through the mashed banana, chopped walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, blueberries, sunflower seeds, almond milk and raisins.
– Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and place the pieces of sliced banana on top.
– Cook for 20 minutes, until golden.
** We’ve done all kinds of combinations of this recipe based on what we have, and we always double the recipe at least.
** When doubling the recipe, we don’t double the maple syrup. Plenty of natural sweetness with the fruit.