We’re big fans of an easy recipe that can be adapted for whatever we have in the cupboards, and whatever occasion it is.
This Frozen Yogurt Bark is one such recipe! And we’ve decided to give it a Valentine’s twist by adding chocolate and toppings they love.
The ingredients are rough amounts, and based on what we have! We basically make by taste and by contents of the fridge and cupboard!
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt
- Cup of Berries [fresh if we have them, or Bunalun Organic Frozen Mixed Berries]
- 1 Banana
- Can add honey or agave if you want to sweeten it a little
- Toppings of choice: extra berries, chocolate bits, crushed malteesers, pistaschio nuts, coconut flakes, .. whatever you like!
- Add all the ingredients [not the toppings] to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and decide if you want to add more sweetener – can depend on the bitterness of the berries.
- Line a tin / baking dish with parchment paper, making sure the size dish will fit in your freezer.
- Fill with your mixture and add your toppings of choice.
- Freeze until solid – takes at least two hours usually.
- Remove from the freezer and break / cut into chunks.
- Store them in the Freezer.
You can also make lollypops using moulds, or little bits using the larger size ice-cube trays. Lots of options!
Let us know if you try them out. They are a huge hit here, and a great way to get some healthy treat options! Tag us @thefamilyedit so we can see you making them! Be sure to check out all our other Family Friendly Recipes and other Ideas and Inspiration for Valentine’s Day!