Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 onions, roughly chopped
• 4–5 garlic cloves, crushed
• a thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
• 2 tbsp medium curry powder
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• ½ tsp chilli flakes
• 10 dried apricots, halved
• 3 apples, peeled and roughly chopped
• 3 peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped • 2 tbsp tomato purée
• 700ml chicken stock • salt and pepper
• 4 chicken or turkey breasts, cooked and shredded, to serve • brown or basmati rice, to serve
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the apricots, apples, peppers, tomato purée and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for at least 40 minutes (up to 60 minutes, if you have time).
2. Use a hand blender to purée the curry sauce to the desired consistency, then check the seasoning.
3. If you want to pre-cook this curry, now is the time to take it off the heat. Let it cool fully, divide it into portions in airtight containers and store it in the freezer.
4. Stir in the cooked chicken or turkey. When the curry is piping hot, ladle it into warmed serving bowls. .
Serve with brown or basmati rice
** Image and recipe from @dervalo.rourke
Leave a Reply ·