We’ve had requests for some Family Friendly Recipes that are Gluten Free, and Niamh @a_glutenfree_mummy has very kindly shared her gorgeous recipe with us.
Niamh is mom of two kids and a Home Economics Teacher so she knows exactly what’s needed in a recipe – not too many ingredients, not too many steps, and most importantly, the kids will eat it! She also given instructions whether you’re using an oven or an air-fryer!
100 g gluten free breadcrumbs
100 g gluten free plain flour
400 g boneless white fish cut into 12 strips
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/gas 6.
2. Brush a non-stick flat baking tray with rapeseed oil, and set aside.
3. Sieve the gluten free plain flour onto a plate.
4. Break the egg into a small jug/cup. Beat with a fork, then pour onto a plate.
5. Tip the gluten free breadcrumbs onto a third plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
6. Dip the fish strips into the gluten free flour, then into the egg and, finally, roll them in the gluten free breadcrumbs.
7. Transfer the fish fingers onto the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, turning once after approx. 10 minutes. Alternatively, place the fish fingers into an air fryer, drizzle with 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil, and air fry for 20-25 minutes.