Prep Time: 30 mins
Serves: roughly 10 squares
• 100g crunchy peanut butter
• 100g Honey
• 25g Coconut oil
• 50g peanuts, finely chopped
• 100g Rice Krispies
• 100g dates, soaked in hot water for 2 hours
• 100g peanut butter
• 150g dark choc 80%, for the topping
1. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
2. In a pot gently heat the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil until they form runny syrup. Do not boil or the mixture will burn.
3. In a bowl mix the rice krispies and chopped peanuts. Pour the heated syrup over the mix and stir until all the rice krispies are coated.
4. Transfer the mix to the lined baking tin and press down well.
5. To make the topping, strain the dates and transfer to a blender together with the remaining peanut butter and blitz until they form a soft caramel like texture. To make it easier to blend, add a little water to soften the texture of the dates.
6. With a spatula spread the caramel evenly over the top of the rice krispie base and top with layer of melted dark chocolate.
7. Allow to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
**Image and Recipe from @dervalo.rourke